Fulcrum Pin

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Fulcrum Pin
From: Cfgraf@aol.com
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 1999 20:42:46 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Ok, I got the front end rebuild kit with new lower fulcrum pins.  Now I see
how this is supposed to work.  The pin is locked to the kingpin, so the
fulcrum pin turns in it's threads as the A arm moves up and down.

Only the British would design a system like this, where the threads are moved
when you hit a bump.  Since it moves the kingpin back and forth in the A arm,
the spaces with the cork "seals" open and close on each cycle, introducing
grit into the pivots.

Surely someone has reamed out the threads in the A arm, and installed a grade
8 bolt, with drillings to grease it.  How about it?  You Racer Guys can't
possibly be using a stock fulcrum pin.  What gives?

Chuck

59 Sprite
72 Lotus JPS