Heater Control Valves

To: "'spridgets@Autox.Team.Net'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Heater Control Valves
From: Jackson Zimmermann <JZIMMERM@exch.co.albemarle.va.us>
Date: Wed, 5 May 1999 13:48:12 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
I've got a quick question to those intrepid scroungers out there, does
anyone know of a nice cable operated heater control valve that bypasses the
heater core?  I'm fed up with having to do with or without heat all the
time.  I know that using the twist knob is not good because it starves
cylinder 3 of cooling and during the summer I often totally disconnect the
heater core.  But during the spring and fall, its often hot during the day
(i.e. I would like airflow into the footwells if the heater core were not
full of hot water) and very cool at night (particularly when sunburned, so
heat would be appreciated).  Has anyone rigged up a good solution to this
with easily available parts?  How did you install it in on the dash and how
does it look?  Is the MGB heater control setup bypass or shutoff?  Other
suggestions?  TIA

Jackson Zimmermann
jzimmerm@albemarle.org
'64 A-H Sprite