Re: Midget Sway Bar Locator Pairs?, and Valve definition

To: Michael Graziano <mgrazian@ltcm.com>
Subject: Re: Midget Sway Bar Locator Pairs?, and Valve definition
From: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Wed, 5 May 1999 16:36:07 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: "Spridgets (E-mail)" <spridgets@autox.team.net>, "MGList (E-mail)" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
On Wed, 5 May 1999, Michael Graziano wrote:

> 1:  I'm replacing the bushings on the front sway bar and noticed that the
> two locators (stops) had different distances between them and the bushings.
> The passenger side had 1/2 inch and the driver had 7/8".  And they were
> positioned between the bushings vs the ouside as in Moss' catalog.  What is
> the correct distance, and should they be affixed on the inside, outside, or
> it doesn't matter?  And the replacements are the Prothane Poly with that
> lubricant.  Does the lubricant go inside the center whole of the bushing
> only, or all around them (inside and between the outside and the mounts)?
> The rubber inside the balls on both links looks pretty dry as well.  Should
> I replace those?

Michael,
it doesn't matter on which side you mount the locators, they will do
exactly the same thing either way.
As to the distance, I would leave a small clearance between them and the
bushings.
The lube goes only inside the bushings.
The end links should be replaced when they develop play, but I think they
are not exactly cheap...

                                              '67 Sprite     '74 X1/9