Windshield update

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Windshield update
From: Ronsoave@aol.com
Date: Fri, 7 May 1999 14:49:35 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
An update on Bugeye windshield replacement:
Got everything off, cleaned, etc. in less than 1/2 hour.  Seal seemed as if
it would fit the frame and glass fine.  Directions from Mike M. were great.
Wrestled with glass for 45 minutes or so, and it seemed impossible that a 2
handed human being working alone could get the seal/glass in the frame. Even
The Who and Johnny Lang on the shop stereo didn't help.  Realizing Frank
Clarici is usually right, I bagged it and brought it in to the glass shop.
Well, 3 guys, 1 1/2 hours, and many, many cursewords later they were done.
NONE of the MM parts (genuine UK) seemed to fit.  The filler strip wasn't
even close to being thick enough, and they used their own instead.  Bottom
line, $35.  I had the donuts (per Frank's suggestion) at the ready, but they
seemed ready to tell me where to stick them by the time they were done.  I
have strict orders to never return with a British piece of glass again.
Thanks to the many who offered advice along the way.  YMMV.

Ron