Re: dieseling

To: "andy webster" <trunkie@hotmail.com>, pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com
Subject: Re: dieseling
From: Gerard Chateauvieux <pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com>
Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 11:13:53 -0700
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Andy,

You might check for air leaks in your intake and exaust manifold gaskets.
Check also that any plugs in you intake manifold are sealed and not sucking
air either. The dieseling might be caused by sucking air past a leaky
gasket. A technique someone told me about, is spaying carb cleaner or WD40
around the manifold gaskets, If the idle changes, you've found a leak.
Never tried it myself, but it makes sense to me.

Gerard