Re: TV

To: Mark Snowdon <racer45@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: TV
From: Scott Fisher <sefisher@cisco.com>
Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 21:35:48 -0700
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Mark Snowdon wrote:

> Yes Tim Taylor is my hero, all raise your torque wrench in honor of
> the tool man!

Last Sunday (Mother's Day), my 2-1/2 year old son Charlie and I sat out
in front of the smoker while three pounds of country spare ribs
slow-cooked to perfection under the lid.

I taught Charlie to say "barbecue."

We were awash in testosterone.  It was a pure Tim Taylor moment, two
guys just, well, being guys together.

Life was good.

In two and a half more weeks, Charlie will go for a ride in a Little
British Sports Car with the top off, and he too will be shattered.

Charlie is the little guy who climbed into my friend Berry's yellow '66
Sprite a few weeks ago, stood at the wheel, and said "Wow, a cool car!"
when he wasn't making vroomy noises.  Did that for an *hour*.  When
Berry had to move the car into the garage (we were replacing rear wheel
bearings on it) and Charlie had to leave, he threw a total,
unrestrained, Fujita-6 tantrum.  Eyes squeezed shut, nostrils flaring,
tonsils vibrating at about 8500 RPM, back arched like he was having a
seizure, heels drumming on the concrete as we dragged him away from his
yellow Spridget.

"Better proof of parentage than a DNA test, as far as I'm concerned," I
said proudly.

--Scott "Now, if *Binford* made an engine tilter..." Fisher