Re: Waxoyl--good price?

To: shawn tobin <suhs2@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Waxoyl--good price?
From: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Fri, 14 May 1999 11:24:09 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Shawn,
not sure who has the best prices, but I have noticed they vary a lot.
To do this job right, you need a purpose-made gun.  Ther ear e2 different
types.  A suction type and a pressure type. (Both connect to a
compressor).
The more common and cheap one is the suction gun that you can just attach
the was container to.  Because of the suction principle, the hose is
limited to about 18" and has a fairly large diameter.

I much prefer the pressure type that comes with a container that you fill,
like a paint spray gun.  Thes come with hoses up to several ffet long and
work great.

My only problem is that while these guns are very popular and widely
available in Germany, I never see them offered in the US.  When I waxoyled
my Sprite, I borrowed a gun from a friend in Germany.

Has anyone seen these for sale here?

If you ask me, the Waxoyl hand pumps are worthless, way too short and I
have read that the wax works best when it is sparyed against the metal
with high poressure.

Ulix

On Fri, 14 May 1999, shawn tobin wrote:

> Anybody got a good price on Waxoyl?  I've some crevasses, crevices that
> could use something like that.  With new paint from bare metal and living in
> Dallas you'd think there'd be no problem but....
>
> Anybody have a good price on Waxoyl or should I just spray in some STP?
> (still trying to find a good use for STP)
>
> -Shawn Tobin
> -'69 Midget 5spd
> -'86 Jag VDP
> -'72 Skylark