Re: Fuel Gauge not working

To: Doug Ingram <dougi@home.com>
Subject: Re: Fuel Gauge not working
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Sun, 16 May 1999 22:49:29 -0400
Cc: Spridget List <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Doug Ingram wrote:

> It must matter which gauge terminal the two wires (green, green/black) are
> connected to. They are marked 'T' and 'B', which is which?

Doug

terminal "B" is battery
terminal "T" is tank.
Power goes thru the gauge to the sender where it is a resitive ground
(the engineers on the list will straighten out what I just said) But 99%
of the time the sender unit burns out if you fed 12 volts to the
green/black wire.
However with a very thin wire like 1 strand of copper wire from a multi
strand wire like all the wires in the harness, you can solder it up by
opening the top of the sending unit. You can see it once you remove the
screws.
I just repaired the unit in my 59 A40. The repro units are junk, don't
waste your time with them. There were a few NOS sending units at
Carlisle this weekend but that's over now.

One other thing....Is you gauge grounded? It must be to operate.
--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ