Weber 45 DCOE

To: "Spridgets Mail list" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Weber 45 DCOE
From: "Geoff Branch" <branch@valinet.com>
Date: Tue, 18 May 1999 10:20:15 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Hello All:  With the recent spate of conversations on Weber side suckers,
I'd thought I'd ask if anyone can help with my problem.  Have Weber 45 DCOE
on 1275 engine in '74 Midget.  It has an awful lack of power, but not a
misfire, more like the exhaust goes "fluffy", at about 3,000 RPM when you
really mash on the pedal.  If you gradually add power instead of mashing, it
is fine.  I went to a 45F9 idle jet from a 50 F9, thinking it was too rich
because the idle jet screws were all the way in.  With the 45 F9 the idle
screws are now out about 1 full turn, but it still does the same thing.
Should I now go even leaner on the idles?  Leaner on the Mains?  Richer on
the Mains?  It looks like it can very expensive to experiment on Weber when
you spend $9.00 on two jets just to try them.  Or should I try smaller
venturis?  They're really expensive!!  Currently running Main 34, Aux 35,
Main Jets 125F2, Idle Jets 45F9.  Daniel are you out there??  Thanks for any
help.

Geoff Branch  '74 Midget "Yellow Peril"