Re: Weber 45 DCOE

To: branch@valinet.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Weber 45 DCOE
From: Daniel1312@aol.com
Date: Tue, 18 May 1999 12:06:29 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Hi Geoff,

If I can find David Anton of APT's long advice on DCOE calibration I will
forward it later.  But for now ....

The first thing you need to do is to decide exactly what the problem is.  If
it doesn't do much when you mash the pedal but will run ok at high rpm have a
look to see what acceleration pump jets you have fitted (these are at each
side of the carb) a 50 is usually ok, maybe a 45.

The idle jet sizes make more difference than the screw which I have only ever
used to set the idle (the idle jets effect more than idle).

What colour are the plugs?  Do some plug cuts below 3,000 rpm and some at
4000rpm and so on.

125 mains are small but might be what the engine needs (though I doubt it).

Is the rest of the engine modified?  K&N?  Ram pipes/trumpets/velocity stacks?

I would stay with 34mm main venturis - you can fit smaller but then again you
could fit SUs!  I think that any half decent 1275 should run 36mms and bigger
is better if you can get them to work (40s work very well on my car but I
started off with 34s).

Daniel1312