Re: Autocross car preparation.

To: mbelect@mindspring.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Autocross car preparation.
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 09:13:22 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 5/18/99 7:24:12 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
mbelect@mindspring.com writes:

<< Hi Autocrossers,

 I'm curious... how do spridgets do in the ESP/DSP class competitions?

 How do they stack-up against the modern iron?  >>

The best thing about autocross is that it is 90% driver skill and 10% car.
My Midget isn't on the road yet, and I am really not after the trophy.  I
just want to have some fun, and I am more interested in RoadRally.

In the Philly Region SCCA, our toughest competition is in DSP.  It is
dominated by our regional exec. in his VW Scirroco.  We have some great
drivers, and I know I won't have a chance in that class.  Next year, when
they move Spridgets to ESP, I will be up against Yugos and Ford Escorts!
Maybe then I'll do okay.

If you go to some driver's schools, and talk with the other, better drivers,
you can learn a lot.  Then, when you get really good, you have a chance.

Stay tuned.

Allen Hefner
Phila. Region SCCA Rally Steward
'77 Midget