Re: Fan Belt Alignment

To: Bill & Cindy <fatboy@metro.net>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fan Belt Alignment
From: "Peter C." <nosimport@mailbag.com>
Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 08:13:41 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Bill & Cindy,
        Here's some info that MAY help. Firstly, a 22700 is completely
compatable
with those others you mentioned. Secondly, generator pulleys in general are
not supplied by Lucas and typically don't come with reman units, they are
the car maker's part. In this case BMC. Lucas supplied this style of
generator to many car lines who fitted their own pulleys to their engine
design's belt alignment. I happen to have a NOS pulley  12G2102 (= M**s
473-130). The dimension from the generator side to the center of the 'V" is
 11/16". Perhaps your pulley is wrong. It should have a big nut-like spacer
on the generator side that is about 3/8"  ..... hmmmm. You'll probably have
to remove the pulley to check.
        Hope this helps.  Peter C