Re: mirrors

To: EyeQuip <sl@eyequip.com>
Subject: Re: mirrors
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 19:21:05 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
EyeQuip wrote:

> I have a 60 bugeye with a cracked mirror as well and could not find the thin
> mirror either.  I did get thicker glass and mounted it.  I had to remove the
> metal backing plate from the original mirror in order to get the U shaped
> trim to fit around the new glass.  I put the mirror back in place and found
> it cracked again in the same place the next day.  I did not over tighten,
> but.....?
>
> Anyone know where the thin glass is?

Go to any Kmart or similar store and buy one of those cheap wall
mirrors, the mirror glass is about 1/16" thick, you can cut it yourself
and belt sand the radius to fit.
And you will have enough exta mirror for making neat tools to look into
the black holes of the car.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ