Re: bleedin' brake failure part II

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: bleedin' brake failure part II
From: "Robert Duquette" <RobertDuquette@Sympatico.ca>
Date: Sun, 30 May 1999 17:28:40 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
I got the brakes bled (my son and my wife took turns on the pedal) and was
stymied as to why I couldn't get my pedal back.  (Wasn't getting bubbles.)
Someone's signature says something to the effect of: 'just because you found
one problem ... '.  I looked in Hayne's manual and one of the associated
fixes was to adjust the rear brakes.  One of my adjusters was behind those
two 'things' that it should be spreading to push the shoes.  I have a higher
pedal now.  I'm thinking that I also have to adjust the push rod (?) a bit.
I'll look into that later.  I have brakes and I went cruisin' locally.  I
found a guy at the far end of my neighbourhood with a '58 Jag and some
vintage Sprint racers (yes, I do mean 'sprint', not sprite) (and a '58
boat).  I'm also told that there are a couple of other LBCs in the
neighbourhood (there are about 5 B's) including a TC that someone has 99%
restored and has lost the energy to go on. hmmn!

Oh yes, ... my tach seems to have started to register closer to correct.
All by itself.  It must have known that I was going to send it away.

Thanks to all for the assistance.  I'll try the mity-vac again some other
time, maybe.

Robert Duquette
Ottawa ON Canada
http://www3.sympatico.ca/robertduquette