Re: PCV needed?

To: otte@cats.ucsc.edu, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: PCV needed?
From: Ronsoave@aol.com
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 1999 11:56:25 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 99-06-02 10:39:42 EDT, otte@cats.ucsc.edu writes:

> I can't figure out when one should use
>  the cap with the hole and when to use one without the hole.  Is it a
>  difference between 1098 and 1275 engines?

On the advice of a highly respected race engine builder / mechanical
engineer, I left my cap closed, with leak-free success.  Based on a post by
Peter Samaroo, I then instead used an unconnected (on my engine) tube coming
off the valve cover with a filter on the end of it.  This helps ensure air is
entering where i want it to - through a filter. Both ways I was leak free,
but before I was getting some blue at high vacuum conditions, whereas I'm not
now.  I guess that means I was getting "better" (but too much) PCV with a
sealed system?  I run the aforementioned NAPA valve.  Wide open it flowed too
much.