Re: Actually have Sprite question today (wasRe: slant six - was: oiladdi

To: Ronsoave@aol.com
Subject: Re: Actually have Sprite question today (wasRe: slant six - was: oiladditives
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 1999 23:24:43 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Ronsoave@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 99-06-02 14:10:11 EDT, kturk@ala.net writes:
>
> > hmmm just a sick slant .. on a slant6...
>
> I think the entire list needs to go on vacation.  To Montana.
>
> For the Bugeye, I now need (technically) a front license plate in my new home
> state.  I don't have a front bumper.  I noticed Moss had a flimsy looking
> "plinth" in a specials flyer for $70 (NFW).  Has anyone made such a device,
> and could you describe it, dimensions if possible?
>
> Thanks,
> Ron

I actually have made a couple of front plate holders for Bugeys without
bumpers.
Ron, get hold of some 1/2" angle iron from a hardware store. cut some
45s and fold it into a square "U" shape. Drill 4 holes in it and bolt it
where the bumper irons bolt to the front frame rails. stick your plate
on it.
without looking, I think the picture of PIECES on my home page has this
set up. It does now anyway and it's been on the car for a while.
Be sure to leave enough room to get your hands under it to raise the
bonnet.
--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ