Re: Installing new brushes in a generator?

To: richard.arnold@juno.com, type79@ix.netcom.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Installing new brushes in a generator?
From: Lancer7676@aol.com
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 1999 06:59:02 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 6/11/99 0:12:14 AM EST, richard.arnold@juno.com writes:

<<  I find it better to encourage the
 interest, and help along those with questions..... >>

Rich and List:

I have to agree here, especially since I find myself in Rich's shoes quite
often.  I have several manuals and they are indispensible, but given my
limited but rapidly expanding mechanical/welding/electrical, I depend on the
list for the experience that the manuals cant give me.

Sooo--I don't think any car related question is out of order whether a manual
is owned or not.  As Rich noted, the manuals are sometimes as clear as mud,
but even when they are relatively clear, I like to ask someone who has been
there before--there may be pitfalls or problems noted by their experience
that is not in the books.
It is easier to ask the question than to correct a pile of errors.

I think of transmission rebuilding.  Look at the manual, look at the exploded
diagrams, read the text, and I still know little about rebuilding a
transmission.  Downright scary looking in the diagram.  Look at the manual
and it looms as one of those never never lands.  But with instruction and
encouragement from guys like Frank, Peter C, Ulix, and the many others of you
who have helped me so much in the past (hate to start naming -- thanks to ALL
of you), I would not be afraid to tackle the tranny, which does lie in my
near future.  But armed only with any number of manuals, I think I would best
not open the case.

Anyway, not to be critical of anyone here, but only to give my loose change,
I think the list should remain open area for fielding any question whatsoever
relating to our cars.  Some simple questions to some are really complex
questions to others.

--David