Re: fuel pipe passageways

To: "Evangelos G. Makris" <emakris@hol.gr>
Subject: Re: fuel pipe passageways
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 1999 18:37:33 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
"Evangelos G. Makris" wrote:

> I am trying to install a new fuel pipe and would like to
> know the preferred passageway for it.
>
> It's easy on the back but as I come to the front there's
> the gearbox mount, the exhaust pipe (hot), etc.
>
> Should it come up on the right side and cross over it
> to the carbs or should it be all the way on the left side
> of the engine/gearbox and appear under the carb without
> crossing anything - the exhaust is also on the left side.

Evangelos

The fuel pipe runs from the right side of the cars electric fuel pump up
the inside of the right frame rail. It crosses over to the left frame
rail on the front of the transmission mount frame. It runs on the inside
of the left frame rail up to the motor mount where it is sucured with a
clip to the motor mount. From there it just sort of hangs out and ends
where it is coupled to the carbs by a rubber hose.
This is a good place to put the fuel filter where you can see it.
The pipe is attached to the frame rail with special clips.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ