Re: 74 Rubber Bumper:Fact or Fix-up

To: toyman@htcomp.net
Subject: Re: 74 Rubber Bumper:Fact or Fix-up
From: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 1999 09:57:05 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Interesting.  If I remember correctly, the 1500s have a hole in teh front
fender that looks like it is for a turn signal, but it is bigger (mainly
taller) and maybe lower?  I think all it does is let the cable through for
the turn signals which are mounted in the bumpers.
If the fender holes were exactly as on chrome bumper car, I would guess it
has been converted to rubber bumpers...

I can't remember if my 79 parts car had a grill surround or not.

Ulix

On Fri, 18 Jun 1999 toyman@htcomp.net wrote:

> Got a call from a guy wanting to sell his midget,when I went to look at it,it
> is a 1275 car but has the rubber bumpers!?the grille surround is there and
>the
> openings on the wings would hold the turn signals lights.The frame is also
>the
> 1275 frame(no curved crossmember).The front bumper is rigged on the car but
>it
> was done very well,does any one think that the Brits could have rigged these
>on
> in the final months of production as they ran out of the chrome and the
>rubber
>  ones were going to be used anyway?or could this be someones idea of a cool
> modification?The car is cheap enough if it is a valid prodution oddity,I
> wouldn't buy it myself as I just found a 60 in a shed I'm trying for.If any
> listers are interested email me and I'll tell you more offlist.usual
> disclaimers,yadda,yadda,yadda.Brad   DFW
> area

http://students.washington.edu/~ulix/         '67 Sprite     '74 X1/9