Re: Help! Bonnet release lever broke!

To: Avi Flax <avi@pccdesign.com>
Subject: Re: Help! Bonnet release lever broke!
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 22:12:51 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net, mgs@autox.team.net, Reuben Flax <thrjej@yahoo.com>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Avi Flax wrote:

> Hello, I am not a regular subscriber to this list, but I need some help! My
>brother got a 1979 MG Midget, and when I was driving it the little lever to
>open the bonnet snapped right off! The shaft of the thing broke right off,
>flush with where it comes into the interior. Now we can't get to the engine!

Avi

With a bit of luck you may be able to reach the cable from the left side
front wheel opening. Or use a really long screw driver and push the
lever in the center of the bonnet to pop it. Once you get it open, put a
temporary pull wire from the lever on the catch to the left wheel well.
This is so you can open it for the time being. To replace that cable you
either have to be real small with tiny fingers or you have to pull the
engine and trans.
Of course you can just leave that temporary wire under the wheel well
like I did.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ