Re: Tachometer Help

To: Jason Burden <jayburden@home.com>
Subject: Re: Tachometer Help
From: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 22:09:06 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Jason,
don't give up on the tach yet!  I would guess it is a hook-up problem.
The tach functions with an inductive pickup.  A wire (white) from the
iginition coil loops through a bracket on the back of the tach but doesn't
physically connect to it.  Maybe the first thing to check if there is a
white wire loop through a bracket at the rear of your tach, then go and
study your wiring diagram to check the circuit.

If this is the biggest problem with car, you made the deal of your life!
:-)

And by the way, '67 Sprites rule the Spridget world!

Ulix

On Mon, 21 Jun 1999, Jason Burden wrote:

> HI! I recently bought a 1967 Sprite. Car runs and looks great, one problem..
> the tachometer pins out as soon as you start the car. This is the original
> unit that was in the car. The previous owner said it has never worked, which
> is obvious. My question is this, any simple fix? Any idea? Or is it better
> to purchase a new one (which I would like to avoid after seeing the price
> tag) I know nothing about the inner workings of a tachometer so any help or
> tips would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thank you
>
> Jason Burden
> jayburden@home.com