Spridget models (was: Tachometer Help)

Subject: Spridget models (was: Tachometer Help)
From: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 17:03:34 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
What Frank said, plus chrome window cranks and interior door handles, and
color offset seat piping went away soon after.

I should add that I was not serious in my previous post.  I will not
change the look of a Bugeye :-)  But I do like the look of the Healey
prototype (Mk2 front, Bugeye rear).

I do prefer the look of a sidescreen Spridget to the look of my car, but I
get rained on a lot, so I am not complaining about my roll-up windows.

Ulix (yes, it is raining in Seattle)

On Tue, 22 Jun 1999, Frank Clarici wrote:

> Jason Burden wrote:
> >
> > Ok i got to ask now, whats the big deal with the '67 sprite? Im glad I
> > bought it now :)
>
> 67 Sprites are considered (by many) to be the best of all the years.
> Biggest engine (pre smog)
> Nitrated cross drilled crank shaft (67 only)
> No smog stuff
> roll up windows/fold down top
> No padded dash
> Still has toggle switches not rocker switches
> It is the fastest (ask any one who drove a 67 then any other "stock"
> spridget)
>
> These are my humble opinions, others WILL disagree but....
> I have a 67 12cc engine in all 3 of my LBCs on the road.
> I put a metal dash in my wife's 73 Midget
> My first Sprite was a 67.
> I drive a Bugeye these days because I like the looks.
>

> --
> Frank Clarici
> Toms River, NJ
> Bugeye Sprite