Possible Free AH3000?!?

To: "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Possible Free AH3000?!?
From: "Charles D. Sorkin" <cdsorkin@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 1999 09:05:30 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Dear List:

Off subject of course, but I'm starting to get irritated by human behavior.
After looking all throughout the Northeast for about five months for a
decently priced, easily restored LBC, now that I have one I'm starting to
get some truly intriguing offers.  A colleague of a neighbor claims to have
an Austin Healey 3000 BN4 sitting in the back of his garge, which he is just
going to dispose of for scrap metal.  He says that the car could never be
restored.  When queried about the problems with the vehicle, he goes on to
say that it ran when he last parked it 15 years ago.  There is a small
bowing of the frame in the center due to the fact that it needs new floor
pans.  (It may have been jacked up in the wrong place.  If its like my
midget, or a VW Beetle, a new cross piece and jacking support could be
welded in place.)  When further queried about why the car is so bad, the
current owner mentions that it has four flat tires.  Big deal.

In any case, its a complete car that was apparently parked on its own power
some time ago in a dry heated garage.  Assuming I can get in touch with the
fellow to inspect this vehicle, what are the key points to look for in the
AH 3000 (and I'm not 100% sure that it is the BN4 style), from a strucutral
point of view?

Regards,

Charles
'74 Midget