Re: Newbie reports (long)

To: dmhst31+@pitt.edu, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Newbie reports (long)
From: Lancer7676@aol.com
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 1999 07:50:17 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 08/02/1999 4:16:54 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
dmhst31+@pitt.edu writes:

<< so I thought I'd pass it on. >>

At $2000 I think that was wise.  The Bugeye obviously had some serious
problems--the door hinge posts being rotted out is a pretty common ailment,
but not all that easy to deal with--especially for a beginner.  And you
really don't know what is there or not there that you can't readily see.
Previous Owners (POs) or Dumb Previous Owners (DPOs) have a way of botching
lots of unseen things.  You don't know how much bodyfill is there or whether
the fill, if any, has metal behind it or how deep.  These cars sound like the
kind of package I would expect to pay about no more than $800 max. for--maybe
even $600, but then I am not looking at them--they could be better than the
picture I am visualizing.  Keep looking--they are out there and at much more
reasonable prices.

---David