Re: bugeye seat belt mounting points

To: Bryan Vandiver <Bryan.Vandiver@Eng.Sun.COM>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: bugeye seat belt mounting points
From: Gerard Chateauvieux <pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 1999 00:15:11 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Brian,

If you'd like to see the factory specified location with specification and
diagrams, go to my website: http://www.gerardsgarage.com ; go to my Sprite
page, then click on "My Collection" Once there, you will see a link for
"Tech tips". The Tech tips page has a seat belt retrofit link that should
provide you with all the necessary info.

Gerard

At 11:49 AM -0700 8/4/99, Bryan Vandiver wrote:
>And now for something completely different..
>
>I'm installing a 'new' set of 3-point seat belts in my bugeye project, but
>I'm
>not quite sure where I should drill the mounting hole for the shoulder point.
>Apparently no seat belts had ever been installed in the car before, and I'm a
>little reluctant to start drilling holes randomly in the body. The floor
>mounts
>appear to be pretty straight forward, since on the floor it uses simple
>eyebolts
>(these are 'clip-on' type belts), but the shoulder attachment requires a
>regular
>bolt. I have a roll bar, that I may, or may not install, but I would like to
>mount the belts in such a way so that they do not interfere with either the
>roll-bar (if installed), and the top frame storage. I really don't want to
>drill
>these holes more than once.
>Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
>
>Regards,
>Bryan Vandiver
> 59 sprite

G G              Gerard Chateauvieux