Re: Scratch Repair - (paint drying problems)

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Scratch Repair - (paint drying problems)
From: robert weeks <robert@woozy.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Aug 1999 08:21:18 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Speaking of scratch repair,

I went to the local automotive paint supplier yesterday and picked up a
quart of one stage urethane to touch up small dings and scratches on my
car. I asked the sales person if it would dry without the hardner and he
said it would dry just fine in a half an hour without hardner.

Well, I touched up a number of spots yesterday afternoon and this morning
the paint is still soft and tacky. Does anyone have any idea of how to
handle this now? I plan on going back to the paint store and getting some
hardner, but I'm not sure how to add it to the already applied paint.

Thanks,

Robert

_______