Sprite #2

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Sprite #2
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 15:09:11 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Well I picked up the 66 Sprite today.
It took about 20 minutes to get her running, moving, and stopping.
I backed it off the trailer :)
This one runs almost as good as the 61. The tranny is perfect but the
engine has low oil pressure, like 60 at start up, 20 when warm.
Probably worn rod bearings but no knocks and no smoke. It runs very well
since it hasn't been on the road since 74.
It has a roll bar, some instruments are missing like speedo and fuel.
It is a rust bucket but restorable for anyone with an open mind.
So...Before I go and part it out, if anyone is interested in a mostly
complete 1966 Sprite MKIII that can, ahem, be driven home (hey I drove
it to my mother in laws house from my house to park it.) Let me know.
It is mostly all there except for maybe the floors, rockers, lower
fenders, etc.
1098/ribcase in good working order.
--
Frank Clarici