RE: Engine advice needed (kind of long)

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Engine advice needed (kind of long)
From: Ron Soave <soavero@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 10:32:16 -0700 (PDT)
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Thanks for the reply.  This isn't normal wear.  This
engine has excellent oil pressure, and there are no
indications of excessive heat in the cylinders.  These
valves came off an engine that had probably 80,000
miles on it with no valve stem wear.  That's why I'm
thinking it has something to do with the more radical
cam.

Regarding valve temps, I got a kick out of the price
of sprite exhaust valves (around $5).  My Lotus valves
were $140 a piece (x16).  They use sodium as a heat
transfer mechanism.  A little slug sloshes out of
phase with the valve motion to transport the heat.