Thanks - Engine Advice

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Thanks - Engine Advice
From: Ron Soave <soavero@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 14:20:04 -0700 (PDT)
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Thanks to those of you who gave me some good answers
on my valve train oddities (especially Albert and
Shawn).  I think the weak valve springs are the
problem, and am now going to revisit the springs.  I
also have to give some sh#t to the usually good folks
who sold me the cam who ASSURED me the springs and
rocker assy would be compatible.

I don't think it is the springs binding or bottoming
out as many have suggested because I did a crude check
when I put the head on by setting zero lash, then
cranking the valves to full open and checking for
space in the coils with a feeler gauge (this of course
does not take into account momentum or anything else).

Now I need to get me some stiff valve springs.
Peeterrrrrrrrr....  Ed....?????

BTW, I assume with stiff springs the rockers
themselves might now get hurt?