fiberglass nose update and car color

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: fiberglass nose update and car color
From: "cfchrist" <cfchrist@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 23:34:58 -0000
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
i have visited all of the available web sites you shared with me.   thank
you for your input.   rats foiled again still no positive identification of
it.   a friend has a scanner and as soon as i can get it photographed i will
attempt to share it with you.  i spoke with speedwell on the phone and they
say it is not theirs, due to the slightly raised peak running down the
center of the hood to top of grille opening.   it uses stock bugeye headlamp
buckets and stock bugeye turn signals.  but not the bugeye grille.  it is a
very thin fiberglass mat like hand laid glass for racing.   it is not the
type sprayed with a chopper gun.  and it is not very heavy like street glass
seems to be made.  i am continuing to scratch my head on this one.  at one
time it was bright yellow with a black racing stripe down the center.
bought in gray primer .

as far as the colors of my car at time of striping it was that wonderfull
pea green over cherry red over factory primer.  aereas difficult to paint
were still red with no sign of green over them.  yet original owner stated
that he bought a new green car.  wich recieved a white paint job the first
week of ownership before going racing with it.  and 1 white paint job each
year for 2 more years.  that accounts for 5 of 11 enamel paint jobs on my
car.  then came the late 60's and like wow man the colors........too
horrible to mention!    ok gang  once again thanks for your help.

chuck
living in a calorie challenged world.