Re: how do you say... ah yes

To: justincook@yahoo.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: how do you say... ah yes
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 15:57:58 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 8/24/99 3:20:30 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
justincook@yahoo.com writes:

<< What is the correct pronunciation for tonneau?

 Also, are the tonneau bars really necessary to support the cover?  I
 would imagine that the snaps might be enough to keep it in place for
 light-duty use (just keep the sun and dust out for a few hours at a
 time).  Also I would guess I could make one (again for light duty use)
 for a lot less than I see them being sold for. >>

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Say, TON-O with the accent on either syllable, or with equal accent on both.
I've heard it all three ways.

No, the support bars really only keep water from pooling on top if it rains.
I never had them on my Sunbeam or my TR4A, and, come to think of it, I don't
have them for my Midget!  But my Midget is a '77 with headrests.  I guess if
you rely on the ton-o to keep the car clean and dry because you don't have a
hood (Hi, Larry and Larry!) you might want them.

Allen Hefner
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport