Re: Electrolysis for Rust removal

To: "Curtis Carlson" <carlson@navtech.com>
Subject: Re: Electrolysis for Rust removal
From: "Peter C." <nosimport@mailbag.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 1999 11:26:57 -0600
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Curtis,
        FWIW, this past weekend I was in the Windy City at the Museum of Science
and Industry. They had a display announcing the coming of some Titanic
stuff. The display was the bottom half of a connecting rod (4 feet in
diameter, BTW) in a tank of some liquid and some electrical wires. They
described the de-rusting process and that it would take a long time. It
wasn't baking soda. I didn't take notes, didn't know there'd be a test;-)
Give them a call, maybe someone would read the little descriptive card for you.
        Peter C
        nowhere near Jay, wherever that is