Reinstalling the engine

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Reinstalling the engine
From: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 1999 15:17:55 -0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
I am thinking ahead a little to when I will install my 1380 and 5-speed
back into my freshly painted engine compartment.
I remember vaguely from last time that the engine with transmission
attached was almost impossible to get in and only with a long crowbar
did I finally persuade it in.

Would it help to leave the crank pulley off and install it afterwards?
Or would that not help because the engine would have to be lifted up so
high to install the pulley that it would be stuck again?

Any other tips?

Thanks,
--
http://students.washington.edu/~ulix/         '67 Sprite     '74 X1/9