Re: Is that transmission any good?

To: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Subject: Re: Is that transmission any good?
From: type79@ix.netcom.com
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 1999 08:20:27 -0800
Cc: George Procyshyn <geopro@cyberdrive.net>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Frank et al,
<<<Short of driving it, you really can't tell much by looking inside.>>>
A bit of advice. This also includes so-called "rebuilds" out there.

I installed a rebuilt box from that famed supplier which is a four-letter
word to some owner's only find that it was, er... not exactly a rebuilt box.

The world famous supplier not only refused to make good on the box but
couldn't tell me where the innards were from, i.e. for what car and model
was this ribcase originally supplied. It wasn't from a Spridget at all but
from some other A-Series engined car not imported to the US. We couldn't
determine where the gearsets were from since the parts numbers didn't relate
to any Spridget numbers so the box was marked and relegated to the junk
pile.

Once again a big "Thank You" to you fellas in CA,  NJ, and England. NOT!

Moral of the story: Follow Frank's advice as well as remember that the
A-Series engine was used in other Brit cars and try to be at least
reasonably certain that the box you buy is from or for a Spridget to avoid
parts problems.

Jay Fishbein