Re: Is that transmission any good?

To: Bryan.Vandiver@Eng.Sun.COM, geopro@cyberdrive.net
Subject: Re: Is that transmission any good?
From: Lancer7676@aol.com
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 1999 17:45:59 EST
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 12/9/99 1:34:33 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Bryan.Vandiver@Eng.Sun.COM writes:

<<  I'd just open up the side view plate, and
 check for debris in the bottom, if there are no significant  metal chips of
any
 kind (steel or bronze), chances are the tranny is in good shape. >>

I might suggest at the same time that you open the tranny oil drain and spray
the whole thing down good with carb cleaner to wash all the oil and dirt off.
This will afford you a better looksee.  Worked for me.
--David C.