New Midget

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: New Midget
From: "Mike Curtis-Rouse" <serville_dash@lineone.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1999 15:02:31 -0000
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Hi,

I've just bought my first MG Midget, well actually two Midgets. A 1973 MK
III Midget which is completely rusted through in most places though with a
refurnished engine. It has been sitting in shed for five years or so, though
the engine started on on the first try, so hopeful. The other is a 1974 MK
III Midget which has been imported from California and is pretty much rust
free. I bought the pair from a guy who intended to transfer the 1973 UK
Model mechanical parts into the USA 1974 Midget ie merging the pair. His
only fault with the Californian Midget was that it was left hand drive and
had the emission control modified engine head.

I intend to carry on where he has left off (he's removed the engine,
bumpers, front wings, seats and interior trim from the Californian Midget).
I want to convert it to right hand drive and put the UK Midget engine into
it. However I would like to know prior to starting any important things I
should check (I realise that is a pretty vague question) and how do I
convert left hand drive to right ?

Any pointers or advice etc will most gratefully received.

Mike Curtis-Rouse

Cornwall, UK

'73 Green MK III Midget
'74 White MK III Midget