Re: Bonehead, dyslexic mechanic sees Dog

To: trunkie@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: Bonehead, dyslexic mechanic sees Dog
From: Paul A Asgeirsson <pasgeirsson@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1999 09:52:19 EST
Cc: branch@valinet.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Zeta Australia 1963-1966

Pretty rare car!  Only 363 cars sold over a three year period.  324cc
tw-stroke with a Burman gearbox and Girling brakes--front wheel drive.
Came from Lightburn Industries.  I have a photo of it if you want a scan.
 They also made a sports car with a 500cc German FMR two stroke built on
a tubular chassis.  Only 48 made.

The zeta had huge doors and seats that could be laid flat for extra cargo
or could be quickly removed to be placed on the roof for a grand stand
view of sporting events!

==From Encyclopedia of Automobiles--Wise

Regards, Paul

PAsgeirsson@juno.com

On Fri, 17 Dec 1999 14:32:51 GMT "Andy Webster" <trunkie@hotmail.com>
writes:

>My chemistry professor told me about a car made in South Australia
>called a
>"Zeta". It was a 2stroke car with 4 'forward' gears. There was no
>'reverse'
>gear because if you turned the key backwards the engine ran in reverse
>and
>you then had 4 reverse gears.
>Ive kept an eye on the classified mags, but havent yet seen one as
>yet.
>Andy
>
>>From: "Geoff Branch" <branch@valinet.com>
>>To: "Glen" <grbyrns@ucdavis.edu>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
>>Subject: Re: Bonehead, dyslexic mechanic sees Dog
>>Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 08:25:12 -0500
>>
>>I once sold a Saab two stroke 93 to a guy who mixed up the sparkplug
>wires
>>and had the engine running backwards!!!!  I pointed out his mistake
>when I
>>saw him in town driving backwards.  "Damnedest thing", he said, "I
>have
>>three reverse gears and only one forward."  I swear this is true.
>>
>>Geoff Branch '74 Meejut

Get FREE e-mail without paying for Web access! --
Download your free software today: http://dl.www.juno.com/dynoget/tagh.