Re: Dream A Series Engine.....

To: lists@woozy.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Dream A Series Engine.....
From: Daniel1312@aol.com
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 14:59:08 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
I would get a five speed and that way you can cruise all day at 90mph like I
do.  Any half decent motor ought to pull 100 mph and 110mph is not to hard -
after that it becomes more difficult/expensive for a road car.

A HIF44 SU will produce more mid range torque (if calibrated correctly) than
a 45 sidedraught but can lack ooomph on full throttle down changes and upper
rpm.  Do spend money on a decent exhaust and not least some proper rams
(rarely seen) on whatever carb fitted.

Acceleration is about having a good torque to weight ratio and rather than
shell out a lot of money on a dream engine spend some money on dropping the
weight.  Top of the list should be an alloy engine back plate.  It also helps
to have close ratio gears which again don't come cheap especially not in a 5
speed.

Daniel1312

In a message dated 21/12/99 21:47:02 GMT Standard Time, lists@woozy.com