Re: Dream A Series Engine.....

To: lists@woozy.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Dream A Series Engine.....
From: Daniel1312@aol.com
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 1999 17:24:48 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
The dyno DOES tell you what works - you just have to know what you want.  A
sweet streetable, driveable engine will be one with lots of torque rather
than lots of horsepower.  In the DV book the power curves when graphed show
torque and horsepower.  They also show rpm in relation to the torque and
horsepower.  If you want lots of torque between 3000 and 4000 rpm than
compare the charts to see which spec gives the most torque for that rpm range
and then modify the engine in your car to that spec.

Further, the only difference between the engine dyno power and what power is
delivered at the wheels is what is lost in the transmission and this will be
sufficiently similar for different power outputs (at least for the A Series)
not to be a concern.

Finally, don't forget that a gearbox is a torque multiplier and that forced
induction will produce more mid range torque than conventional (normally
aspirated) tuning - and his book does explain all of this and why.

Daniel1312

In a message dated 22/12/99 23:16:52 GMT Standard Time, lists@woozy.com