Re: got another 69! (no LBC)

To: HealeyRic2@aol.com, lists@woozy.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: got another 69! (no LBC)
From: Lancer7676@aol.com
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 1999 17:52:17 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 12/23/99 5:19:00 PM Eastern Standard Time,
HealeyRic2@aol.com writes:

<< Sorry Robert, but while everybody else's dad was a Ford Guy or a Chevy
Guy,
 mine was a Rambler Guy. >>

My folks were American Motors people too, but after the Rambler phase of AMC.
 My mother worked as bookkeeper at the local AMC dealer and they bought a
couple of AMC Ambassadeurs and I bought a Javelin when they first came out
and an AMX when THEY first came out.  Actually I had one of the first
Javelins produced--had all the options--positraction, 4-speed, vinyl top,
8-track stereo (remember them?).  They were great cars.  Very dependable and
very quick--good handling.  The Javelin, I thought, was a better running and
better handling car overall than the bigger engined AMX.  Not sure why, but I
loved that Javelin.  AMC really did build excellent cars, at least from the
mid 60's on.

--David C.