Re: New Mini?

To: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>, Daniel Thompson <dthompson@gbc.ca>
Subject: Re: New Mini?
From: Ron Soave <soavero@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 1999 07:46:50 -0800 (PST)
Cc: "'spridgets@autox.team.net'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Have seen similar reports in R&T and my SAE trade
journals.  One of the trade journals had extensive pix
(I forget which mag and they're at work and I'm not ),
it looked like they really captured the essence of the
car.  There was even something in the local paper
comparing it to the Toyota Echo and Ford Focus.  If
that's really the competition, they'll sell another 3
million of them.

--- Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com> wrote:
> Daniel Thompson wrote:
>
> > My question is: has anyone seen reliable reports
> of the release date for
> > this car and whether it will be imported to our
> shores? I thought it was
> > originally going to have the Chrysler Neon engine
> but that must be scuttled
> > now that Chrysler is in bed with arch rival Benz.
> >

> Dan
>
> I have read in Eurocar magazine, that the new 2000
> Mini will hit the NA
> shores by June of Y2K.
> 3 models to choose from, basic, loaded, and Cooper
> S, all priced
> accordingly.
> Why can't I find that article when I need it??
> Anyway the Cooper will be about a year behind.
> --
> Frank Clarici
> Toms River, NJ
> Too many Sprites (again)
> There is a very fine line between "hobby" and
> "mental illness."
> http://www.exit109.com/~spritenut

=====
Ron Soave
"Meet the new boss, just the same as the old boss..."