Fw: titles and fees

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fw: titles and fees
From: "Charles Christ" <cfchrist@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 1999 13:33:54 -0000
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
----- Original Message -----
From: Charles Christ
To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sent: Tuesday, December 28, 1999 1:33 PM
Subject: titles and fees

look into hemmings or other auto restoration related publications.  there
was a company called"titles unlimited" operating down south (alabama,
georgia?).  their specialty was producing titles out of state in your name
that could be easily transfered into your name in your state as if you owned
it or bought it out of state and were transfering it into your state of
residence.

they had 2 basic plans:
1  if memory serves me right, 25 years and older  was 1 price like 150.00
2 up to i think it was 10 years old back to 24 years old wich was 250.00

no quotes here on these rates or year berak points please.  but their system
allowed me to title a car wich is to be restored and retain it's original
serial number plate.  in pennsylvania, if a title is lost and the original
owner can not be found you must register for a "reconstructed vehicle
identification number plate" and coresponding title.  this wonderfull set up
removes the car's original identity and as far as restoration goes makes it
worthless.   it is of course considered illegal to transfer a vin plate and
title from 1 vehicle to another in this state with no exceptions(even if
same exact year/color/model/ drive train combination).  like this has never
happened in a world(lbc) of 2 screws holding a identification plate onto a
vehicle(oh-no ....never!).

but if you are in need of a title for a specific vehicle, this venue has
been tried and works!  they send you the proper legal forms and you have to
follow their directions, and mail off to the company and an out of state
title in your name will arrive.  simply transfer it atthe local authority
and you now have it titled in your name in your state!

if 2,000$  is a real life figure to extract a car excluding price of a
vehicle and transportation, i would consider circumventing the restrictive
pricing somehow( above mentioned method wich i never said a thing about).

good luck.  and save a buck!

chuck.
see ya at barnes and noble , i'm the rebelious one with my own diet coke
hiding behind the magazine rack.