Re: fuel cells (No LBC content)

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: fuel cells (No LBC content)
Date: Sun, 02 Jan 2000 10:46:06 -0800
William M. Gilroy wrote:

> JustBrits@aol.com wrote:
> >
> > I doubt VERY much if the "we tight label" has ANYTHING to do
> > with safety items, Chuck.
> >
> > Normally I would.  BUT, this is the sorta thing that should be "public"
> > 'cause neither myself nor anyone I can think of (on or off track) wants to
>be
> > near a "used" fuel cell.
> >

> Just wondering, but what is the difference if I use a fuel cell in
> my car for 6 years, or give up racing and sell it after 3 years to
> someone would uses it for another 3 years.?
> When and why would a fuel cell be consider no longer good?  I guess
> you don't want a really old one, but it seems that used does not
> always mean old, bad, junk or dangerous.  I just think a person
> should be careful.  I would think that you would buy one from a
> known fellow racer, not from a garage sale.  I agree we should not
> skimp on safety items, but used does not always mean junk.
>
> Bill Gilroy
Here here, Sir Bill, Every part on your car is a used one the day it
rolls it's first mile. Caveat Emptor definately applies though. I just
recently bought two 16 Gal fuel cells from a Busch Grand National team
for use in my Late Model race car. The reason they sold it was that the
numbers on the cells did not match up with the Nascar spec required. The
cells each only had one race on them, and neither one of the cars they
were in were wrecked. I saved $200 on the pair. Who is the fool now?

Mark Snowdon
Shrewd consumer and career used out parts vendor
P.S. If you receive this You are receiving a message from a 5 yr old 486
computer with no Y2K wizz bangs.