rich and lean: Pt.2 "The Diagnosis"

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: rich and lean: Pt.2 "The Diagnosis"
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2000 09:42:24 -0500
Cc: Thecarguru@aol.com, dwramsey@worldnet.att.net, trunkie@hotmail.com
Spridgeteers,

Thanks for the huge response on this. I have found an air leak at the
intake manifold-to-head junction for the rear carburetor (as
suggested by Crash, Gary, Andy, and others). AND, I actually own a
spare gasket from SICP's going out of business sale.

The Haynes, BL, and Clymer manuals have little to say on replacing
the gasket. Does it need gasket goo? If so, what kind and one or both
sides?

I apologize for not noting in the first post that the carburetors
were rebuilt this summer by Jim Taylor and ran very well for hundreds
of miles. But thank you to all who wrote with carburetor-specific
solutions.

Jeff
Jeff Boatright    __o_\__           '65 Austin-Healey Sprite
http://userwww.service.emory.edu/~jboatri/sprite/sprite.html