Re: Ammeter

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Ammeter
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2000 21:26:37 EST
At the risk of starting something I have had a couple of cars with voltmeters
and IMHO they were the most useless gauge I have ever had.  It told you that
the alternator was putting out 13.5 volts or it wasn't.  I can just look at
my lights an tell that or see the smoke from the shorted wire were the
alternator keep trying to pump in amps until it went up in smoke.  As best as
I can determine it does nothing to help you if you have a something that is
slowly draining your battery or if something has happen in the electrical
system that is now requiring more amps.  Both situations you would prefer to
know about and rectify prior to seeing smoke signals.

Flame suit on.

Bob and Annice
1960 Sprite (Mk IV indiguise)
1966(7) Sprite Mk III (in progress)