Re: Midget Stereo - I Have TUNES!!!

To: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Subject: Re: Midget Stereo - I Have TUNES!!!
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 00:07:23 -0500
Cc: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>, MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>, Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Frank Clarici wrote:

> Great job Larry. I have one question though.
> Does this new stereo have knobs? Like a knob to turn it on/off?
> The CD player my kids put in the A40 drives me nuts! No knobs!
> How does one turn on/off a modern stereo? Or should I say, how does one
> lower the volumn? I start pushing buttons and the whole front falls off.
> Man do I miss my 8 track player.

WARNING! WARNING! I am about to use my broad brush to paint a stereotypical
picture. If you are easily offend please change the station now, assuming
you can work the small buttons.

The problem is this.  The people who design and make these new radios
are Japanese.  The Japanese are people are smaller then the mutts of the
USA (on average, supporting statistic to follow).  So when they test the
radios they have no trouble pushing the buttons.  But us bigger people
in the US have large fingers that resemble an Italian sausages.  When
we try to poke one button we hit at least three buttons, and the results
are unpredictable.

Also the Japanese must have better eye site then us in the US.  That
can be the only reason that they make the labels so small.  This good
eye site comes from eating plenty of fish and writing small complex letters.
Evolution weeded out the Japanese with bad eyesight.  They could not read
the job applications, could not get jobs, and therefore were undesirable mates
who were not able to breed.

So boy and girls, that conclude Professor Gilroy's lecture in pseudo science.
TPIC.  Next week I will prove that the aliens have not only visited earth
but are living here and hold high ranking position in the US military and
Rover (LBC content).  Didn't think I would get it did ya. ha.

Bill "The drinking Irish gentleman" Gilroy