RE: cool ... no lbc

To: Spridgets <Spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: cool ... no lbc
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2000 08:17:58 -0600
Wind chill is kind of like Italian horsepower. It sounds a lot more impressive
than it really is. For people who live in places without real cold to use when
they want to complain how cold it is. ;-)

Around here, if it isn't at least ten below, it isn't worth mentioning.  When I
moved here from New York City seven years ago, I thought these Minnesotans were
insane for living here. On Thursday I was clearing snow in the morning before
work, and I went inside and told my wife that at least it wasn't cold out. She
checked the thermometer, it was eight degrees. I guess you get used to it.

Phil Vanner
Minneapolis
(All temperatures referenced in this post are given in degrees farenheit, any
metric conversions made at the readers own risk.)