Re: bug-i jack wrench on e-bay (Now painting parts)

To: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Subject: Re: bug-i jack wrench on e-bay (Now painting parts)
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2000 00:03:50 -0500
Cc: David Ramsey <dwramsey@worldnet.att.net>, spridgets@autox.team.net

Frank Clarici wrote:

> Now maybe I'll list my ultra rare valve cover on Ebay.
> It's Chevy orange. It must be original, it came on the car when I bought

I have one of those on my 77 Midget.  It is a 1500 valve cover, painted
Chevy orange, with MGB bolts holding it in place.  The Chevy orange
was added by me, I had a half used spray can in the garage.  Sorry to
the purist but it worked.

I do have some questions about painting things on my car.  I will use the
correct colors if you guys answer some questions.   If you are painting
parts and you get all rust off but have left some of the original paint
on, what is the best  way to paint the part.  What is self etching
primer?  Should I use one? What is the best stuff to get any oil
or grease off before I paint?  What type of paint do you favor?
If I paint something I would like it to last being the LSOS that I
am.  When recommending stuff remember I don't have a compressor.  Thanks.

Bill Gilroy
77 Midget
90 Shar-Pei