Re: Brake lockup

To: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Subject: Re: Brake lockup
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2000 00:19:31 -0500
Cc: Spridget List <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Frank Clarici wrote:

> List
>
> My son just returned with PIECES saying the brakes locked up.
> A couple of weeks ago I installed new front brake hose and pads.
> The Calipers have been rebuilt a year or so ago and the master is a
> store bought rebuild.
> He fixed it on the spot by cracking the bleeder and releasing the
> pressure.

Both sides or one side?  If both sides I would think the problem is
back from the calipers.  If one side I would think just the caliper
or line.  If cracking a bleeder fixed it on the spot I would think
that means master cylinder or something on that one side (such as flex
hose), since  cracking a bleeder should not release a stuck caliper.
That's the best I can do and I am sure it is not much help.  If there
is any errors in my train of thoughts I will leave it to the list to
de-rail me.

Bill Gilroy
77 Midget
90 Shar-Pei