heat\dash\temp gauge

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: heat\dash\temp gauge
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2000 10:26:34 -0000charset="windows-1252"
Hi All,

I have completed my stripdown on the heater system on my 71 'Sprite and I
found that the heater switch was intact, but sadly not in one piece. The
previous owner had kindly picked up all the pieces when it fell to bits all
over the floor and taped them to the underside of the dash.

I then moved under the bonnet and found that the water that I had coming
from the base of the heater box seemed to be coming from the hose not the
matrix (I hope, though I will probably go home tonight and see a nice puddle
under the car again). So with a bit of luck I may get heat tonight......

While I am on the subject of heat, I was fitting a new temperature gauge
yesterday and I got it through the fascia and routed OK, only to find that
the sensor which goes into the thermostat housing is bigger than the one
that was in there originally, hence it won't fit.

Does anyone know if the gauges are exclusive to the spridget or if I have
been sent a MGB gauge by mistake? I notice that the housing that the sensor
goes into is removeable in itself, is there a replacement fixing for it so
that I won't have to remove the whole gauge from the dash again?

Finally (phew!) does anyone know anywhere that sells walnut dash panels for
a toggle switch 1971 model? I have found a rocker version from MGOC but they
don't list a toggle version

Thanks in advance

John